~Rumi

All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there...Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul? I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison...I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

Search This Blog

03 December 2009

Survey to Assess Needs for Improved Course Designs

The Academic Autistic Spectrum Partnership in Research and Education believes in promoting research that is inclusive, respectful, accessible and relevant to the autistic community. As such, AASPIRE is writing to you to let you know about a non-AASPIRE study that shares AASPIRE's values. 

Please see below for more information about a study being conducted by Christopher Wyatt. 

AASPIRE hopes you may be interested in participating in this study. -The AASPIRE Team 

Survey to Assess Needs for Improved Course Designs 

As colleges and universities offer more courses online, it is important that we consider how students with autism spectrum disorders approach online communities, especially online classes. My experiences as a diagnosed high-functioning autistic student and instructor have led me to question how online courses could be designed to better serve students with autism spectrum disorders. I am conducting a survey, seeking to determine if there are characteristics of some online communities ASD individuals prefer. I am also interested in learning what qualities of online communities might be disliked by individuals with ASDs. 

If you are an individual with an officially diagnosed autism spectrum disorder interested in offering opinions about online communities, I hope you will consider completing this brief online survey. You do not have to be a student. However, you should have some experiences with online communities so you can explain what design qualities are or are not appealing in various communities. 

This will be an anonymous survey. Only your answers to interview questions will be saved and referenced during the study. The survey is offered via a secure server and all data will be destroyed after analysis is complete. 

If you are interested in participating in these interviews, please visit the following survey link:



Thank you, Christopher Scott Wyatt Doctoral Candidate 
Rhetoric; Scientific and Technical Communication 
Digital Literacy and Pedagogy 
Dept. of Writing Studies 
University of Minnesota 

This study is referenced by University of Minnesota IRB Code Number 0909P72516.

*Study closes 31 December 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment