~Rumi

All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there...Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul? I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison...I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

Search This Blog

12 May 2010

AASPIRE Healthcare Study 1


AASPIRE's new survey compares the healthcare experiences of adults on the autistic spectrum, non-autistic adults who have disabilities, and non-autistic adults without disabilities. There are two main goals for the survey. Goal one is to see if there are differences in how people feel their healthcare needs are being met and how satisfied they are with their care. Goal two is to compare the barriers to healthcare for the three groups to see if there are differences in the types of things that make it hard to get health care.

In the second part of the study, AASPIRE will conduct in-depth interviews with about 30 adults on the autistic spectrum. The main goal is to get an in-depth understanding of autistic adults' experiences and recommendations about healthcare, including examples of what worked or did not work and what they think would help them get better healthcare. If eligible, you can choose to participate in an interview via email, online chat, or telephone.

Participate in a New Gateway Study

The Academic Autistic Spectrum Partnership in Research and Education (AASPIRE) and the Gernsbacher Lab have created the Gateway Project. The project serves as a gateway for research that is committed to inclusion, respect, accessibility, and community relevance.
Gateway studies address topics such as well-being and problem-solving. A new AASPIRE Gateway study focuses on the healthcare experiences of autistic adults and adults with and without disabilities. AASPIRE expects to use the information learned from this study to improve healthcare.
graphic  representation of the preceeding paragraph
To participate in the AASPIRE Healthcare Study and any of the Gateway studies:

  1. Register for a Gateway account at the Gateway homepage http://thegatewayproject.org.

  2. Take the online Gateway Survey. It will take about 20-40 minutes to complete.

  3. Wait for email messages about further studies. You may be eligible for some studies and not for others. You will only receive email messages for studies for which you are eligible.

  4. If you are eligible for the Healthcare Study and decide to participate, it will take about 40 minutes to complete.

  5. After finishing each survey, you can enter a drawing for an Amazon.com gift certificate.
graphical  representation of the preceeding five steps
If you would like to learn more about AASPIRE or the Gateway Project, you can

1 comment: