~Rumi

All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there...Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul? I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison...I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

Search This Blog

01 May 2010

IACC Appoints Ari Ne'eman of ASAN

Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC)




The Autistic Self Advocacy Network applauds Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius' appointment of Autistic Self Advocacy Network President Ari Ne'eman to the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC), which is a Federal advisory committee that coordinates all efforts within the Department of HHS concerning autism. ASAN has given regular public comment at IACC meetings and looks forward to continuing to be an active part of the IACC process.



To learn more about the IACC, visit http://iacc.hhs.gov/

A news release has been posted on the HSS website:


Related articles and blogs:

3 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed that he could not get on the NDC, all because some people think he is either too high functioning or dogmatic about his anti-cure position. Whether or not somebody wants a cure, everyone should agree that autistic rights need to be fought for. He is the right person to do that, because he knows what a lot of us want.

    I am happy to hear that now he is appointed again on the IACC. Those that call him a traitor fail to realize that sometimes people can actually change their minds even if they formerly disapproved of something. Sure, autistics are often stubborn, but they are not completely rigid. It seems that all Ari was asking for is that the IACC recruits some people on the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments CT. Glad to have you as an Aspitude reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ 謝謝你的分享,祝你生活永遠多彩多姿!........................................

    ReplyDelete