~Rumi

All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that. And I intend to end up there...Who looks out with my eyes? What is the soul? I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison...I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way. Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.

Search This Blog

08 April 2013

Get your American Sign Langauge (ASL) on!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Elesia! I love your blog. I'm autistic and am starting to use ASL to communicate. I'm taking classes and want to be fluent. I also have late deafening that runs in my family and my mom is late deafened. I am finding that when I communicate in ASL it takes always all the auditory processing problems I have and I can really communicate on the message and get my point across a lot better. I'm so excited to have found a way to communicate that works for me! It's so awesome that ASAN supports each person's right to find ways to communicate that work best for the person and not everyone else around them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chels! Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated (as well as helpful to other readers)! I send you best wishes for your ASL classes. And I am so glad you find ASL to be extremely helpful in communication. It's a beautiful language cherished by the Deaf Community, and I am glad that many Autistic people are starting to benefit from it as well.

      Have you heard of the television show Switched at Birth? It's a great supplement to learning ASL and learning about the Deaf Community. Look it up. Here's the oficial site:

      http://beta.abcfamily.go.com/shows/switched-at-birth

      Much gratitude,
      E

      Delete